Just a compilation of things we are thankful to never see again- hopefully.
- Donald f*cking Trump– No explanation necessary.
- Effed up gun laws in the States– And saying that ‘oh but it’s an essential part of our protection’ really isn’t valid, as there actually has been more days where mass shootings have occurred than there hasn’t..so no one really sees the so called ‘protection’ it’s providing you.
- Really overdone, freakin’ claw like acrylic nails, that disable your fingers– I mean lets be more practical, productive and classy in 2016.
- Glitter beards, brows, glitter anything, to be honest– We can’t even comprehend who, what, when, where, how and why anyone decided that this would be a good idea. Also, imagine having to wash bloody glitter out- the nightmares; how about we just save ourselves all that trouble in 2016.
- Over lined lips– Simply too much effort and too hard to maintain. How much time do you think we have in our day?
- People who say dumb-ass shit about women – We can’t be bothered to go into a list of people who were stupid enough to do this in 2015 because to be frank, they are not worth our time, but whoever may intend to continue these idiotic thinking styles, please just stop. No one has time for your utterly outdated, uneducated, bullshit. Thanking you kindly – all of humanity.
- Shaming people of colour for cultural norms– If random white people on Insta, Miley Cyrus and Kylie Jenner are able to wear dreadlocks and receive compliments, how come when Zendaya wore her natural hair out, comments on how it looked as if it would smell of weed, were made. It just doesn’t add up, it doesn’t make any sense whatsoever. Don’t shame people of colour or anyone for that matter.
- Movie reboots– In 2015, the world was subjected to the vexatious unoriginals that Hollywood deemed to be worthy of our time, when in reality, the rest of the world vented their frustration, saying that the reboots are an unnecessary addition to the already falling standards of movie quality.
- Indie and alternative artists becoming mainstream– 2015 was the year that indie began to merge with mainstream music. So you could say that it is the beginning of the end. Please stop. It’s ruining the excitement of having that one band that is yours. Let Top 40 ruin our ears and let Indie/Alternative be the cure.
- Supernatural (TV Show)– Eleven seasons on and they still don’t know when enough is enough.
- Terrorism– The world we live in is hard enough; with all of the expenses, the pressures, the judgmental people you pass in the grocery market when you buy the double pack of biscuits. Let the world be at peace just for one day. And then the rest of time.
- TV shows changing the whole plot of a show to include someone who of Trans orientation (after Caitlyn Jenner)– NOT HOMOPHOBIC AT ALL. Believe in equality for all, and totally support Caitlyn, she’s a fantastic spokeswoman for the Trans society and her being such a prominent figure was such an important eye opener for many in 2015. BUT the Trans community has been around for much longer than Caityln so why all of a sudden, change a perfectly okay-ish plot of a show to accommodate the inclusion of a transgender person. Exhibit 1: Pretty Little Liars, with the CeCe reveal. It’s not necessary. Not saying that movies and shows about the LGBITQ society shouldn’t be winning Oscars and Emmys, because more awareness is necessary, but don’t make sudden changes in shows – that most of the time doesn’t make sense.
- Tragic celebrity breakups– Who the hell will be our #couplegoals and #otps. Calling the quits in 2015 were Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner, Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield, Scott Disick and Kourtney Kardashian (probably for the better..but it still hurt), Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert, Gigi Hadid and Cody Simpson, Gigi Hadid and Joe Jonas, Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy, Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale, Zayn Malik and Perrie Edwards..and the list goes on and on. It just hurts too much.
- Songs about women, drugs, alcohol, and all of the above– Ugh, does this really need to be explained to anyone. We shall be more progressive, respectful, and maybe even original in 2016.
- Fifty Shades of Grey– So some genius decided it would be a great idea to turn the first book of the horrific trilogy into a movie and oh my gosh, it was downright traumatizing. Firstly it was a movie about abuse so naturally there was nothing sexy about it, although it was marketed that way, and secondly the actors were like fish out of water, squirming to keep alive, it was awkward and sad to watch. We don’t want to see anymore of that.
Let us know in the comments below what you’d like to kiss goodbye from 2015, and also if you agree or disagree with what we’ve compiled, we’d love to interact with you guys.
Two Crazy Youths